[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: In Prog We Trust: Five Progressive Rock Bands You Hate, But Shouldn't

0
 

I liked ELP for awhile, enough to buy 2 albums. I don;t listen to them much except for a few tracks. Tull is a group I should like more than I do. I love folk and rock when they mix so I should love Tull but I only like them. Something is off in the mix for me. Fave Floyd is Wish You Were Here.
Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@...> wrote:
>
> I liked what I heard of ELP, although I didn't hear that much.
>
> Jethro Tull was available to me, but I admit now that I didn't give
> them a lot of good attention. Enjoy it now, which is fun, since I've
> been listening to it as 'new' music.
>
> Pink Floyd was interesting with me. I thought Dark Side of the Moon
> was brilliant when I first heard it. I was inspired to pick up a few
> others, which I liked, but not as much. For my money, The Wall was
> their high water mark imho, and I realize many fans would disagree with
> me there.
> I tried some of the older stuff, and I have the catalogue now, in
> some form or other, but it didn't really impact me in any great way.
>
> Clint
>
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 06:12:08 -0800 (PST), howl dog wrote:
>
> I liked prog as a teenager, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Kansas,
> Pink Floyd at times, bits of Jethro Tull were sort of proggy, even
> Wishbone Ash ventured into that territory.
>
> Sometimes I will listen to that stuff, but usually only when it pops
> up on the mp3 list randomly.
>
> -------------------------
> From: Cfh
> To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:50 AM
> Subject: Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: In Prog We Trust: Five
> Progressive Rock Bands You Hate, But Shouldn't
>
> Tubular Bells is the extent of my cd Oldfield collection.
>
> On vinyl I have more, just haven't worked my way that far yet on this
> ripping project.
>
> I truly have no rhyme nor reason to my ripping order.
>
> The latest grouping have been Ian Gillan related. I have lots of Ian
> Gillan Band and Gillan group on vinyl. Nice music, quite varied in
> style with nothing really Purplish in style. As I move through his
> catalogue it will begin to get harder edge.
>
> Clint
>
> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:40:23 -0000, Ben wrote:
> I have a bunch of cd's of his. Most of the time I have to be content
> with a best of but that's not possible with him. His early albums were
> only one track.
> > Ben
> >
> > --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" wrote:
> > >
> > > I find I have more patience with it these days. I have a few in the
> > > collection and while ripping these things to digital I'm surprising
> > > myself at how much I'm enjoying the albums. > Â > Of your list
> > there, I'd lean to Mike Oldfield. > Â > Clint
> > > > On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:22:56 -0000, Ben wrote:
> > > Some of it is quite good, some is self indulgent twaddle. I love >
> > Renaissance, Moody Blues, Genesis (until 1983), Mike Oldfield, and >
> > others. > > Ben
> > > >
> > > > --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > > "There are some forms of music that struggle to find
> > critical > > acclaim > while others are loved by critics but
> > universally dismissed > > by the > public. Then, there is another
> > group that, despite a loyal > > and > sometimes massive cult
> > following, are disliked by critics and > > everyday > music fans
> > alike. > > Meet prog-rock, the Rodney > > Dangerfield of music."
> > > > > > > >
> > http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/02/in_prog_we_trust_five_progress.php
> > > > > > Clint
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Â >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classic_Rock_Forever/
>
> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classic_Rock_Forever/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> To change settings via email:
> Classic_Rock_Forever-digest@yahoogroups.com
> Classic_Rock_Forever-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Classic_Rock_Forever-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment