[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: monthly matchup show March 1, 2012

0
 

I don;t like Jimmy Buffet but this is as close as I've come. Levellers has that Scottish sound going which is right up my alley. Not sure how much I like the song per se but it gets my vote.

That is one dull Bruce track. That whole style of his is deadly dull, I can't even finish the track. Deep Purple is Blackmore ripping off his own riff but a solid track nonetheless and an easy winner for me.
Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@...> wrote:
>
> Interesting show Ben. I'm in.
>  
> Between the first 2, I must give the nod to Jimmy Buffet's song.
> Nicely done, well recorded and I found it intersting. I wanted to like
> the second song better, just because I've never heard of them, but in
> the end, even the fiddle solo didn't win it for me. Jimmy wins.
>  
> Between Bruce and Purple, Purple wins handsdown. I love both these
> artists, but the Springsteen songs suffers from the same problem with
> that entire album has, lack of enthusiasm. Yes I know its a mournful
> album by design, but it just doesn't click with me. Purple on the other
> hand is a nice romp, perhaps not the strongest song on the record, its
> still the better of these two.
>  
> Good idea for show, I'd encourage anyone and everyone to check it out.
>  
> Clint
>
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:51:56 -0000, Ben <dawnstar@...> wrote:
> Time for a new show. Didn't want to do the 90's in any regular way
> since most of the chart stuff was crap but here's for those willing to
> explore music that flew under the radar that decade. 2 match-ups per
> day, 3 for some of the later rounds ending with a monthly winner. This
> is going to several groups and as always, the more votes the better.
> Just pick which song from each match-up you like more. I will do my
> best to find a video or song or at least a snippet for each song.
> >
> > 1.
> > Jimmy Buffet Diamond as Big as the Ritz
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvJzPRE2jY
> >
> > vs. Levellers Plastic Jeezus
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydESXqIOyHw
> >
> >
> > 2. Bruce Springsteen Sinaloa Cowboys
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lRihxjt9fQ
> >
> > vs. Deep Purple A Twist in the Tale
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5v2g8D8HM
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>  
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment