Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Song of the year 1977 finals rd. 1

0
 

Popular doesn't mean much to me. I like what I like, and ever since I saw
the video of him/symphony live at the Acropolis I was a fan.

We have been season ticket holders to the RSO (Regina Symphony Orch) for 4
years now. Classical music had always been something I liked, but never
jumped right in. Turns out I quite like it, and from all era's.
I know that Yanni isn't classical, but his compositions and the use of the
classical instruments works well to my ears. His studio albums are quite
good, and ya they can lean towards easy listening, but its an easy listening
that I can appreciate. Live is another thing, I've seen several video's of
his now, and they are quite the events. Lots of highlights within the
compositions, soloing, etc.

Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:44 AM
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Song of the year 1977 finals rd. 1

I thought Yanni wasn't popular! He;s got some good stuff but meanders into
easy listening too often overall. I voted for Cheap Trick based on the live
version, as you say, far better.
Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@...> wrote:
>
> Normally I'd agree with you, but these two versions really stand out as an
> example of 'live music is better' ;) (to quote Mr. Young)
>
> That, coupled with the fact that I knew the live before the studio version
> as well.
>
> It's been a great week for live music as well. Saw Bachman/Turner on
> Wednesday, we have the Folk Festival all weekend and Saturday night we see
> Yanni!
>
> Happy Friday all,
> Clint
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben
> Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:49 PM
> To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Song of the year 1977 finals rd. 1
>
> Again, vote on whichever version you like best as long it's by the same
> artist.
> Ben
>
> --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@> wrote:
> >
> > I think this is referring to the original studio recording of I Want
> > You To Want Me/In Color album. I dropped it from my list this time,
> > since I find the live version from the Budakon album renders this
> > version somewhat sterile ;)
> > Â
> > Clint
> >
> > On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:35:46 -0000, jdk77550 <jdk77550@> wrote:
> > 1. Supertramp Give a Little Bit
> > > 2. Eagles Hotel California
> > > 3. Queen We Are the Champions
> > > 4. Styx Come Sail Away
> > > 5. Fleetwood Mac Don't Stop
> > > 6. Foreigner Cold as Ice
> > > 7. Boston Long Time
> > > 8. Queen We Will Rock You
> > > 9. Electric Light Orchestra Turn to Stone
> > > 10. Steve Miller Band Jet Airliner
> > >
> > > Cheap Trick I Want You to Want Me<--1979 ::ahem::
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Â
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment