Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Henry Rollins: The Column! Are YouCollector Scum?

0
 

thats such a great era for american jazz, the late 50s and early 60s. My friend calls it "the cool jazz era". In my opinion, you have to go back a ways to the bebop cats like Bird and Monk to get something as good as Miles Davis and his pals, Brubeck, et al, in the late 50s.


From: Cfh <cfhiebert@sasktel.net>
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:01 PM
Subject: RE: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Henry Rollins: The Column! Are YouCollector Scum?

I'm 50 and I still like my old stuff. Can't say I buy alot of classic or old rock these days. I think I have all that I need.
 
I have been discovering Jazz in a major way over the last 5 years or so. Alot of what I'm finding as my favourites, are from the late 50's and early 60's. Lots of albums have made it into the collection. I'm not exclusive to that era, definately finding treasures from the early days, right up to brand new performers today.
 
Clint


On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:43:21 -0500, 1 FINGER JR <admiral_panther@hotmail.com> wrote:


im 49 and like the oldies, like 80s, a bit of nostalgia now and then. only one song at a time i promise but no lps here not for 30 years. when they first came out with cds i jumped on the band wagon with a new player and all. i have happpily converted to mp3s, thats where the one song at a time comes in. only a buck or 2.

1 FINGER JR
REST IN PEACE MY
NEPHEW ANDY 17
WAS TOO YOUNG
 
 Do it at 50 and you have some issues you really need to deal with...
 
The rest is here
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/01/henry_rollins_collector_scum.php
 
Clint





 



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment