Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Deep Purple - please answer this brain twister - a 40 year mystery!

0
 

Interesting - sounds like you are a hard core DP fan. I'm actually
just now having another look at them, like I did recently with a new
interest in Dylan to see if he was really all he's cracked up to be. I'm
not familiar even with the song "Teddy Bears Picnic" - is it up on You
tube? I must say that a lot of Blackmore's repertoire of ridiculously
fast runs seems very similar/repetitive in alot of his music. His and
the bands' best efforts were the songs which became their most
memorable, commercially viable music, and live when he tears into
another one of those rippin' leads that proved over and over why he's
such a world-class player. He knocks off some great blues in "Japan"
that showed some really inspired stuff, but he either loses
concentration or gets bored because he thinks it's too simple. A
mistake, in my opinion, because you have to do the blues justice as with
any other form of playing, probably more-so, or you're laid bare very
quickly as a phony. At his level I'm looking for other examples of him
doing blues. If you know of any, please let me know. Thx, LM

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment