Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Deep Purple - please answer this braintwister - a 40 year mystery!

0
 

Here's a bit of history on the Teddy Bears Picnic
 
Snip-->"Teddy Bears' Picnic" is a song consisting of a melody by
American composer John Walter Bratton, written in 1907, and lyrics
added by Irish songwriter Jimmy Kennedy in 1932. <--pins
This is an instrumental version of the original kids song. What
Ritchie just played around with the melody in the middle of a rather
long jam. I have it somewhere, but honestly I'm not sure what
album/boot its on. I will check though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoWOPGpWhss
 
I guess you could say I'm hardcore with Purple. They've been on my
radar since 1974 and I've bought just about everything that they've
officially released. Still don't have the one album that had Joe Lynn
Turner on vocals, other than that I have the library. Also have a fair
amount of Rainbow, lots of Gillan group, Blackmores Night, solo stuff
from Roger Glover, Jon Lord, and the early (note early) Whitesnake
music that had member of Purple in it.
 
When I think Blues and Deep Purple, one song stands out a little
taller than the rest and that is 'Place in Line' off of Who Do We
Think We Are'
Excellent tune, see below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2JaiykYJCU
 
Clint

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:49:44 -0600, LM <thermal@wcox.com> wrote:
Interesting - sounds like you are a hard core DP fan. I'm actually
> just now having another look at them, like I did recently with a new
> interest in Dylan to see if he was really all he's cracked up to be.
> I'm not familiar even with the song "Teddy Bears Picnic" - is it up
> on You tube? I must say that a lot of Blackmore's repertoire of
> ridiculously fast runs seems very similar/repetitive in alot of his
> music. His and the bands' best efforts were the songs which became
> their most memorable, commercially viable music, and live when he
> tears into another one of those rippin' leads that proved over and
> over why he's such a world-class player. He knocks off some great
> blues in "Japan" that showed some really inspired stuff, but he
> either loses concentration or gets bored because he thinks it's too
> simple. A mistake, in my opinion, because you have to do the blues
> justice as with any other form of playing, probably more-so, or
> you're laid bare very quickly as a phony. At his level I'm looking
> for other examples of him doing blues. If you know of any, please let
> me know. Thx, LM
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment