Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Deep Purple - please answer this brain twister - a 40 year mystery!

0

I some live recording with 'the teddy bears picnic' thrown in by Blackmore.

 

Clint

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 06:32:33 -0700 (PDT), howl dog <howldogg@yahoo.com> wrote:



I've often wondered what that little riff is. Couldnt ever place it tho. Blackmore and Page were always throwing little bits and pieces of old melodies into their solos. I've heard Blackmore do Mary Had a Little Lamb in the middle of a solo.


From: rhett lee <rhettlee@gmail.com>
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Deep Purple - please answer this brain twister - a 40 year mystery!



it doesn't sound like classical music, sounds very whimsical
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKDSWwM4fw (go to 55:30 mark)

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM, thermal122000 <thermal@wcox.com> wrote:
 
I first heard this very short classical riff when I was only 18. Ritchie Blackmore just blew me away at how perfectly he had played it. I had forgotten for years and years what album it was on and heard it again by utter chance on the Made In Japan album, remastered version. It's at 55:30 and is the last little ten second riff just before he starts the long lead-in to
Space Truckin'. I think it may be a piece by Bach, but I just don't know the name of it. If anyone knows the answer to this mystery, I'd be very grateful to know the answer! Thanks very much!










 


0 comments:

Post a Comment