[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Song of the year 1977 finals rd. 1

0
 

I plan to do 1963-1989. The 1990's I'm doing in the match-up game since the chart stuff wasn't good enough to bother. Not seeing much participation here, should I stop posting the match-up show here?
Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "jdk77550" <jdk77550@...> wrote:
>
> Clint, you are correct. I resist voting for the song because it was a hit (and a memorable one) in 1979, but barely noticed in 1977. To me, it's not just about picking the best songs from the list, it's also about picking the songs that personify "1977" (give or take a month or two). If Stairway To Heaven or Free Bird showed up on the 1984 list, I wouldn't vote for that either. :)
>
> There will be a 1984 list, won't there (eventually)? A lot of great songs from that year. Though Ben might ban me from voting if I keep complaining about his classification system. LOL
>
>
>
> --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@> wrote:
> >
> > I think this is referring to the original studio recording of I Want
> > You To Want Me/In Color album. I dropped it from my list this time,
> > since I find the live version from the Budakon album renders this
> > version somewhat sterile ;)
> > Â
> > Clint
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment