Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: In Prog We Trust: Five Progressive Rock Bands You Hate, But Shouldn't

0
 

I liked prog as a teenager, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Kansas, Pink Floyd at times, bits of Jethro Tull were sort of proggy, even Wishbone Ash ventured into that territory.

Sometimes I will listen to that stuff, but usually only when it pops up on the mp3 list randomly. 


From: Cfh <cfhiebert@sasktel.net>
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: In Prog We Trust: Five Progressive Rock Bands You Hate, But Shouldn't

Tubular Bells is the extent of my cd Oldfield collection.
   
  On vinyl I have more, just haven't worked my way that far yet on this
ripping project.
   
   I truly have no rhyme nor reason to my ripping order.
   
  The latest grouping have been Ian Gillan related. I have lots of Ian
Gillan Band and Gillan group on vinyl. Nice music, quite varied in
style with nothing really Purplish in style. As I move through his
catalogue it will begin to get harder edge.
   
  Clint

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:40:23 -0000, Ben <dawnstar@zahav.net.il> wrote:
I have a bunch of cd's of his. Most of the time I have to be content
with a best of but that's not possible with him. His early albums were
only one track.
> Ben
>
> --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@...> wrote:
> >
> > I find I have more patience with it these days. I have a few in the
> > collection and while ripping these things to digital I'm surprising
> > myself at how much I'm enjoying the albums. >  
> > Of your list there, I'd lean to Mike Oldfield. >  
> > Clint
> > > On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:22:56 -0000, Ben <dawnstar@...> wrote:
> > Some of it is quite good, some is self indulgent twaddle. I love >
> Renaissance, Moody Blues, Genesis (until 1983), Mike Oldfield, and >
> others. > > Ben
> > >
> > > --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > > "There are some forms of music that struggle to find
> critical > > acclaim > while others are loved by critics but
> universally dismissed > > by the > public. Then, there is another
> group that, despite a loyal > > and > sometimes massive cult
> following, are disliked by critics and > > everyday > music fans
> alike. > > Meet prog-rock, the Rodney > > Dangerfield of music."
> > > > > > >
> http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/02/in_prog_we_trust_five_progress.php
> > > > > Clint
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >  
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

   




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classic_Rock_Forever/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classic_Rock_Forever/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    Classic_Rock_Forever-digest@yahoogroups.com
    Classic_Rock_Forever-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Classic_Rock_Forever-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment