Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: New Styx and Journey

0
 

I not a huge Van Halen fan, but whenever the question comes up about
which incarnation is my favourite, I have no hesitation saying the
original, with Eddie, David, Alex and Mike.
 
Still thing they peaked on their first album. Fortunately for them,
millions would disagree with me ;)
 
Clint

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 02:26:29 -0000, Gagger <gagger1@yahoo.com> wrote:
Lawrence Gowan has been Styx's lead singer for a while, but Tommy Shaw
seems to share the mic with him live on more than a few songs. Styx,
like BOC, shines when they play with another band but aren't as
impressive by themselves IMHO. Dennis DeYoung puts on a good show, but
it is his voice that keeps you engaged, which Gowan cannot hope to
imitate.
>
> I have no idea how Journey is with their latest singer, but I have to
> wonder why Perry still turned down an offer to return to Journey,
> before Pineda was hired. Tired of touring ? Voice not what it was ?
> Cannot get along with bandmates ? Past grudges ? Who knows what the
> reason is.
>
> As Roth once said "With Van Halen, Sammy made music, I made history".
> The voice I always associate with VH is Roth, and that is probably
> why he is back with the band and touring. Sammy has an impressive set
> of pipes, but he just wasn't VH in my opinon but more just...Sammy. I
> actually met Roth years ago briefly, and he is quite funny and
> personable. I think he definitely has a stage & off-stage persona. I
> wouldn't be a surprised if Roth is a bit shy outside the limelight.
>
> Rock on,
> George
>
>
>
> > I must tell you that I was reluctant to listen to the new Journey
> without Steve Perry, and the new Styx without Dennis DeYoung. My
> boyfriend sent me some music last night with Arnel Pineda from
> Journey and Styx with their new lead singer. I must tell you that I
> was blown away by how fabulous they were. I should have known, as I'm
> a fan of older Van Halen opposed to the Roth era, and I still am to
> this day. I'm very partial to the RedRocker Sammy Hagar. Roth and
> Hagar debate I'm very vocal about, and it was even a deal breaker in
> my current relationship. Granted I like Roth songs, just not him as a
> person. I'll end my rant for the day. :)
> > Jenny
> > > > Life goes on, come what may
> > Pick up the pieces and roll!!!!!!!!!
> > > Just be yourself, you're like no one else
> > There is nobody
> > You can't find it on a shelf
> > Just let the world know
> > That you're ready for show
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment