[oddmusic] Boyd Rice interview suppressed

0
 

A large publication asked me to do another interview with Boyd Rice, so I did one in July, and since then, they seem to have dropped the ball.   So I started promoting airing it on my radio show, and within 24 hours or making my first post about it, numerous irate phone calls came in, saying that Rice is a "domestic terrorist" among other things.  My station is broadcast out of a Jesuit University, so there's not much I can do, but I'd like to get this interview aired as many places as possible as a result.

For those that don't know, the first interview I've done would probably be the most authoritative single article on Boyd Rice to the uninitiated,  it can be seen here:  http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2011/05/a-conversation-with-boyd-rice.html

This newer interview itself is rather innocuous, nothing that any competent radio program should be concerned about.  We discuss Whitehouse, Jello Biafra,  plane crashes, noise, minimalism, the internet, art, Trekkies/Dungeons and Dragons, Hogan's Heroes,  his time being homeless in Phoenix, scamming restaurants for free food, and so forth.  I stutter up a storm but I can live with that.  

If anybody has a radio show, podcast, or even just a blog and would like to make light of this interview, I would appreciate it.  
It is an hour and 10 minutes long, and there is backing music.  I'd like for it to be aired/launched preferably on Feb 13 or after.  I don't have any desire to have any other station get into trouble, I think this is an absurd anamoly due to geographic midwestern peculiarity.

A Boyd Rice/Death In June show was suppressed in Chicago in 2003, and apparently it was from people calling the venues and saying they are going to blow up the place or something like that. I'm told it tends to be only a handful of misguided activist people who have done this, and somehow these people think they're different from Tipper Gore.  

I don't agree with Boyd on every stripe of the rainbow, but I see no reason to suppress the man, he is not going around hanging people or committing hate crimes, and anyone that says there isn't a depth to what he does seems to say this because of a sour puss emotional reaction.   

If anyone is interested or has any suggestions, please contact me.   

Thanks in advance,

Arvo

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment