Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Mott - Shouting and Pointing

0

I listened to it a couple of times since that post. There's alot of personality in that record. For some reason I was reminded of some of that mid 70's Sweet music.

 

Was that a headlining tour that you saw, or were they backing someone up?

 

Clint

 


On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:46:14 -0800 (PST), howl dog <howldogg@yahoo.com> wrote:



I saw that tour. I had both their albums. Better than they got credit for. Without Hunter, the industry just wouldnt give them any push, and they were doomed.


From: Cfh <cfhiebert@sasktel.net>
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:22 PM
Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Mott - Shouting and Pointing



..is my new discovery of the day.
 
Plucked that one out of my stack of vinyl and ripped it. I learned that I did play it back in the day, because at least 3 songs were quite familiar. Other than that, I must say that this album is quite good.
Due to the familiar cut-out hole in the side, I would say that I bought it because it was a) somehow related to Mott the Hoople, and b) cheap in a cutout bin.
I used to cruise those bins religiously at the local woolworths, hell, .99 cents or maybe 1.99 for a new album was very tempting to a kid who only had x amount of money to spend each week. Found some treasures, and honestly found some tripe as well.
This one is a treasure, and much better than I recall.
 
Clint








 


0 comments:

Post a Comment