Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Mott the Hoople - Mad Shadows

0

No Waterlow on this one. I read that it is the 2nd album. I can verify that its very 'rough and tumble' to quote you. I enjoyed it much more than the 'The Hoople' album, where the glam seemed to be kicking in a bit more. Not that I don't like Glam, but the Mad Shadows album just seems to fit them better.

 

track list:

  1. "Thunderbuck Ram" (Mick Ralphs) - 4:50
  2. "No Wheels To Ride" - 5:50
  3. "You Are One Of Us" - 2:26
  4. "Walkin' With A Mountain" - 3:49
  5. "I Can Feel" - 7:13
  6. "Threads Of Iron" (Ralphs) - 5:12
  7. "When My Mind's Gone" - 6:31

Clint



On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:48:01 -0800 (PST), howl dog wrote:



thats a very old Mott album, possibly one of the first two or three, I forget the running order. Back then Mott was a rough and tumble band playing mostly covers. Does it have "Waterlow" on it? Hunter says thats the best thing he's ever written.


From: Cfh
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:14 PM
Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Mott the Hoople - Mad Shadows



...so I'm on a roll here. Decided to stick to a theme and dig into the Mott the Hoople catalogue. This one is much rougher around the edges that Shouting and Pointing, and probably the better album. Granted there's some serious lineup changes, but I can't say I was ever passionate about the members, so I'm coming at this with a fairly open mind.
 
Thunderbuck Ram is a damn good opener!
 
Clint








 


0 comments:

Post a Comment