[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Top 5 bands of all time in order, revised

0
 

Very interesting to see everyone's favorites.

My top 3 or 4 seem like a no brainer but the 5th one so many bands could fit in there.

Since it said group I did not consider solo artist that takes out elvis, hendrix, santana, mj and so on....

Next after reading some of the comments about growing out of favorites or just dont listen to them anymore it made me think, if I was stranded on an island and only could listen to 5 bands who's library of music have the most songs that I like enough to hear over and over.

That being said here we go

1) the beatles
2) the stones
3) led zeppelin
4) the beach boys
5) is a toss up of ac/dc - sabbath - van halen

Its funny, even thou I was listing my favorite of all time, looking at my list the top 3 and maybe the 4th probably would not get much disagreement to being in the top 5 rock bands of all time. No matter what your taste in music I would think the beatles and stones would be hard to leave off any list of all time top 5 bands.

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, howl dog <howldogg@...> wrote:
>
> The Beatles are the exception I guess, theres been no new music from them for 40 years. All we have now are these "hidden gems in the original recordings" things like this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B1RxdeqxF-U 
>
>
> but those fascinate me, and I would imagine Clint might be interested as well.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Cfh <cfhiebert@...>
> To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:19 PM
> Subject: Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Top 5 bands of all time in order, revised
>
>
> The musical angle was just a part of
> the equation in the show. The point was that tastes certainly change
> and evolve, but there is an emotion attached to that timeframe.
>  
> Part of the assumption is that as a 14 yr old, there could be numerous styles
> that appealed to you, me, the girl next door. As much as I was into Alice
> Cooper, I also was also listening to Stevie Wonder, Stampeders, BTO and the
> Statler Brothers.
>  
> That's a good point regarding Led Zeppelin, or any group that ceased to exist
> or stopped making new music.
>  
> Clint
>
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:00:10 -0800 (PST), howl dog
> <howldogg@...> wrote:
>
>
> >
> >
> >I've heard that many times, the 14 year old thing. 
> >
> >
> >Some of the bands I was into back then, I still occasionally spin a
> disc. Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, Alex Harvey, Mott the Hoople, Golden Earring,
> Ramones. But not too much. One of my favorite all-time bands, Led Zeppelin,
> they're still my favorite, but I rarely listen to them anymore unless someone
> sends me a bootleg I havent heard.
> >
> >
> >Two of my favorites, the Beatles and Stones, I discovered much
> earlier than 14, probably about age 5 or 6 or 7 and my appreciation for them
> simply continues to grow, I never get tired of either band. 
> >
> >
> >My hard rock friends cant believe I adore Abba, as I discovered them
> relatively late, long after I had become a musician, played on albums, toured,
> done hundreds of gigs. They certainly dont fit the pattern of "hard rock guitar"
> stuff I found at 14 years old.
> >
> >
> >What can I say. I must be atypical, as the older I get, I wander
> farther away from the stuff I liked when I was 14. And even "new stuff" that
> supposedly "sounds like" the stuff I liked when I was 14, all the hard rock
> bands, they dont interest me.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >________________________________
> > From: Cfh <cfhiebert@...>
> >To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012
> 10:53 AM
> >Subject: Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Top 5 bands of all time in
> order, revised
> >
> >
> >
> >I watched an episode of Criminal Minds last night. Something that the
> character 'Reed' said was interesting. He mentioned that music that is
> discovered when a person is around the 14 yrs old range, will have the most
> impact on that person.
> >He went on to say that musical tastes can/will certainly evolve, but that
> time that you discover something yourself, rather than listening to what your
> Parents play is a very powerful time of life.
> >I'd agree with that, and obviously some of us got some excellent direction
> from Parents or other influences.
> > 
> >I have no idea if Bon Jovi fits that bill for you, but it is interesting to
> say they will always be in your top list. I get it, and I guess that's why Alice
> still hits home for me.
> >..and its nice to see another Rob Zombie fan out there!
> > 
> >Cheers,
> >Clint
> >
> >On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:27:40 -0000, Paul
> <groups@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>
> >>
> >>1. Pink Floyd
> >>2. Bon Jovi - They were my first band that I was
> REALLY into.. they will always have a place in my top whatever.
> >>3. The Beatles
> >>4. Rob Zombie
> >>5. Iron Maiden
> >> 
> >>1 and 2 will always be there, 3-5 can and do change
> regularly.
> >> 
> >>Paul
> >>----- Original
> Message -----
> >>>From: Jenny
> >>>To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com ; RonnieJamesDio_Org@yahoogroups.com
> >>>Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:18 PM
> >>>Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Top 5 bands of all time in order, revised
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>1.  Iron Maiden and Judas Priest (This includes solo stuff by Bruce
> Dickinson and Rob Halford as well as other bands like Fight and Glen Tipton solo
> projects)
> >>>2.  Dio(includes solo projects, Rainbow)
> >>>3.  Sammy Hagar(solo, VH,Chickenfoot)
> >>>4.  Whitesnake
> >>>5. Deep Purple
> >>>Jenny
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Life goes on, come what
> may
> >>>Pick up the pieces and roll!!!!!!!!!
> >>> 
> >>>Just be yourself, you're like no one else
> >>>There is nobody
> >>>You can't find it on a shelf
> >>>Just let the world know
> >>>That you're ready for show
> >>> 
> >>> 
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment