[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Song of the year 1982 pt. 18

0
 

I always loved that Chris DeBurgh but often he gets too sappy, especially that huge hit of his. I bought 'The Getaway' and "Spanish Train' then lost track of him for years. A few years ago he came out with 'Lebanese Night' which got major airplay here and was simply terrific so i went back to see what I'd missed. Pretty decent ratio and some real good material over the years.

Neil Diamond came out with some classics in the 60's, was hit/miss in the 70's and I thought pretty awful after that. Well, 'America' in 1981 was good but I've heard nothing since that I've liked.

Tommy Tutone is really only known for one song '867-5309 Jenny'

Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, Bob Kushnerick <bkushner@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 1. Chris DeBurgh - Don't Pay the Ferryman [not always a DeBurgh fan but what I like, I really like]
>
> 2. Willie Nelson - Last Thing I Needed, the First Thing This Morning [one of my favourite songs from Willie]
>
> 3. Neil Diamond - Heartlight [its Mr. D, he's always going to be on my list]
>
> 4. Joni Mitchell - (You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care [nothing square about Joni ... she's cool, cool, cool and so is the song]
>
> 5. UFO - Let It Rain [put on the headphones and thoroughly enjoyed it]
>
> 6. Tommy Tutone - Which Man Are You [gotta be honest, I don't remember tutone but enjoyed listening to this]
>
> 7. Juice Newton - Heart of the Night [Juice doing her thing, she always sounds good]
>
> 8. John Hall Band - You Sure Fooled Me [reminds me of someone else but can't put my finger on it]
>
> 9. New Order - Temptation [don't remember the song or band but enjoyed it]
>
> 10. Dennis Brown - Halfway Up, Halfway Down [a fun song to listen to]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On 2012-01-27, at 3:01 AM, Ben wrote:
>
> > Choose your top ten favorites from the list, preferably after looking up ones
> > you don't know on youtube or somewhere, and list them in your order of
> > preference. The show wraps in one week.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 35 Dave Edmunds Me and the Boys
> > 36 Cure One Hundred Years
> > 37 Jam Running on the Spot
> > 38 Frank Marino Strange Dreams
> > 39 Chaka Khan Twisted
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment