Re: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: REPORT: CD-Format to be Abandoned by Major Labels by the End of 2012

0
 

I'm not sure Zapple. I'm thinking that the convergence of technologies has
almost made the 'stereo' and the 'computer', one and the same. I'd love to
have my amplifier outfitted with a hard drive and just load everything onto
it. Same good sound, through the same equipment, just a little more
convenient to access.

I still buy my music in cd/dvd format. Honestly, the day I am forced to go
to itunes or some such method to get a new album, I won't enjoy it. With any
luck I'll never have to.

I'm leery of just owning a 'file'. Damn things become corrupt, or crash. I
like my back up copy to be the real mccoy. Having said that, I quite dig my
ipod, and wouldn't go back to a walkman/discman.

Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Zapple100
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:20 AM
To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: REPORT: CD-Format to be Abandoned by
Major Labels by the End of 2012

So what does this mean. You download an album then you can only play it on
your Ipod or computer. What happens with your home system that you spent a
lot of money for good sound.
Are you going to burn the albums you downloaded to CDR's to play them. I
can't see this happening.
Zapple100

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "Cfh" <cfhiebert@...> wrote:
>
> I'll believe it when I see it. Suspect there is an inevitable end to the
> format, but there is a that mindset that still wants to have something
> tangible in 'your hands' that will take some time to die away.
>
> Clint
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: larrycarta
> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:13 AM
> To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] REPORT: CD-Format to be Abandoned by Major
> Labels by the End of 2012
>
> Did you guys see this? Remember, it's just one report, but you know the
> end
> has to be coming.
>
> Some one on my facebook Cool Album of the Day page mentioned that the
> major
> labels don't produce anything good anyway. Yeah,that's kinda true, but it
> also means that you won't be able to go back and buy old favorites either.
> You'll be stuck with the MP3 format. So don't scratch your "Who By
> Numbers"
> or "Queen II" unless you still have the vinyl!
>
> Here's that story.
>
> http://coolalbumoftheday.com/?p=14704
>
> or www.coolalbumoftheday.com/?p=14704
>
> Thanks, Larry
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment