[Classic_Rock_Forever] "Act Of Mercy"

0
 

"Act Of Mercy"
September 2003

In an act of mercy
From somebody in a bind
A morning dove landed waiting for me
Patiently and intently on the telephone line

With a gift, an order, a simple plea
Come here young man and talk with me
My eyes roam where danger may be found
My ears listen carefully for any sound
My heart it beats in accordance with you
In chaos and or calm I must remain true
In hopes that I can keep helping our skies be blue
In trust, that I remain faithful to you

Remember the times devoid of fights
Delights of innocent days and or nights
Inhibitions left behind while in bliss
For splendors of sharing nakedness
Nobody knew the meaning of lies
And nobody heard any painful cries
For nobody dared and nobody implied
To keep a soul from being alive
Believe me somebody has tried

My instincts told me where I was bound
For a destination with a stop or two
With and or without a clear image and sound
Keeping in time while the words I find
Come from a place that is truly divine
Still there is this hellish nature by design

I know there is much to keep in mind
I know you and I have to let it all go sometime
I am sure you and I will find in places discreet
Nary a moment left in the darkest of the deep
The truths of consciousness that we keep

The forgotten may be a contradiction
Perhaps the remembered will create friction
True reality derived from fact and or fiction
There's much we experience and more we are missing

So please take my hand
Stranger and friend
There is a place for us to be in the end
Tell my lover it is she of whom I send
All my love and hopes and prayers whilst I make amends
For crimes past and present for a innocent future
So the next life has a place to live within again
Into the next moment and the moment thereafter
In hopes of peace, unity and laughter


Created, recorded and performed at the Prodigal Son (defunct), fall 2003.
Harmonica vocals over a coffee house audience, packed house.
W. K. Mahler Music Publishing Co. ASCAP since 2003.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment