[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Does anybody else love Karen Carpenter ??

0
 

I just started this new forum that commemorates the music and the lovely personality of Karen Carpenter.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Karen_Carpenter_Appreciation/

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, howl dog <howldogg@...> wrote:
>
> Karen was a great singer, but when I listen to those old Carpenter songs, I also take note of those really great arrangements her brother did. The Carpenters were a duo, for good reason.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: opponent_of_evil <opponent_of_evil@...>
> To: Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 4:19 PM
> Subject: [Classic_Rock_Forever] Does anybody else love Karen Carpenter ??
>
> Karen was the beautifully gifted singer/musician with a 10,000 megawatt smile. John Lennon once told her that he loved her voice !
>
> I just love her voice and her music. Karen wasn't a rock singer but she definitely was a great rock 'n roll drummer and some of her music could be categorized as borderline rock 'n roll because it did incorporate some of the elements of rock music. The guitar lick from "goodbye to love" is an absolutely brilliant piece of music and imho it compares favorably to anything that was ever put out by George Harrison. About myself: I'm a fifty-something who grew up during the heyday of the rock era and I would love to share some of my favorite YouTube videos of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and the Bee Gees. Karen is my favorite musician of the rock era, and I would love to meet others who love her too. OE.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment