[Classic_Rock_Forever] Re: Does anybody else love Karen Carpenter ??

0
 

Beatles, Mamas and Papas and don't forget CSN sometime Y.
Ben

--- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, Edmund Vitale <eavitale@...> wrote:
>
> Let me put in a full vote for Karen Carpenter. Listen to how clear her
> vocals were throughout all of her/their records. THAT is what is amazing.
> The Bee gees, while I did love them, were just OK. They were more like what
> Phil Collins became - these pop maestros, where anything virtually that
> Barry Gibb wrote became a hit for someone. And though I lived
> in the Sixties, and remember all the hit groups, I never liked the Four
> Seasons either. Too manufactured. Paul Anka, Neil Sedaka - you can keep 'em
> all. Now, for true harmonies, give me the Beatles, the Mamas and Papas,
> Spanky and Our Gang and the Culture Club. There is an art present when a
> range of three or four voices can join in and create a new, fuller voice.
> Most "singers" today have no idea what harmonies are - we can thank
> Autotune and American Idol for this.
>
> Ed Vitale
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Ben <dawnstar@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > i love her too. not enough to call her my #1 but she was great. i love the
> > Bee Gees too but not 4 Seasons.
> > Ben
> >
> > --- In Classic_Rock_Forever@yahoogroups.com, "opponent_of_evil"
> > <opponent_of_evil@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Karen was the beautifully gifted singer/musician with a 10,000 megawatt
> > smile. John Lennon once told her that he loved her voice !
> > >
> > > I just love her voice and her music. Karen wasn't a rock singer but she
> > definitely was a great rock 'n roll drummer and some of her music could be
> > categorized as borderline rock 'n roll because it did incorporate some of
> > the elements of rock music. The guitar lick from "goodbye to love" is an
> > absolutely brilliant piece of music and imho it compares favorably to
> > anything that was ever put out by George Harrison. About myself: I'm a
> > fifty-something who grew up during the heyday of the rock era and I would
> > love to share some of my favorite YouTube videos of Frankie Valli and the
> > Four Seasons and the Bee Gees. Karen is my favorite musician of the rock
> > era, and I would love to meet others who love her too. OE.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Edmund A. Vitale
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment